The Advantages of Pure Linen Bedding:
Made from flax fibers, linen has been grown for thousands of years and is one of the world’s oldest fabrics. So, many generations before us have known and appreciated qualities of linen. What are they?
- Because of its unique filtering, bacteria resistant, ventilating, moisture absorbing and evaporating capabilities, linen bed sheets are known as anti-allergic, recommended for people with skin diseases, also for children.
- Linen fabric has a light massaging effect because of the microscopic breaks throughout the fabric.
- Linen has high air permeability and heat conductivity properties – that means, it is a breathable fabric – makes you warm in the winter and keeps cool in the summer.
- Linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet… thus, always having a pleasant, fresh, cool feeling when touched or slept on.
- Linen sheets have a distinct, distinguished texture and delightful softness to them… in fact, becoming even softer and shinier with each washing.
- It is anti-static and can even help soften and preserve the skin due to its natural pH balance.
- A linen sheet actually repels dirt.
Linen bedding is twice as durable as cotton bedding and can last the decades (an investment).
This article was reposted from Linenme.com.